Wednesday, September 8, 2010

GIDDY UP: Riding boots transformed

So one of my favorite everyday pieces has to be the riding boot. When I was first introduced to a riding boot this little boy had on a pair of Frye Riding boots in a store and I nearly attacked his mother asking her what those fabulous boots were. She started laughing at me and said frye ( which I had NEVER heard of.) Immediately i ran down to Nordstrom and the display was my size in this amazing brown tumbled rustic leather and $200 later they were going home with me. I still have them about 4 or 5 years later and they are getting better with age.  When you think of a riding boot you think of the style with the harness rings on them and the low heel but they have been modified for the fashion world in such a magnificent way. They now have huge heels, thick heels, pointy, square and round toes, and come in a million different colors and textures. I like them because they are able to withstand a day of running errands but give you that careless cool look. There are a bunch of amazing different designs for fall 2010 and wanted to share them with you today! Enjoy!




PICTURED: Belstaff, Blowfish, Christian Louboutin, Cole Haan, Dior, Fendi, Frye, Giuseppe Zanotti, H by Hudson, Jimmy Choo, Juicy Couture, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Matisse, Miu Miu, Modern Vintage, Naughty Monkey, NDC, Nine West, Prada, Report, Restricted, Sam Edelman, Sendra, Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment