Monday, August 23, 2010

BLACKLISTED

So I am usually the type of person who veers away from owning black clothes. Don't get me wrong I love them but when you have 3 cats it is like a magnet to fur! Working in the Fashion world I swear EVERYONE wears black or steers right for it and usually it drives me crazy because I utilize grey for my blacks. This season is a whole other monster because everything I am picking out is in black and beautiful at that. You can take black to so many levels in fashion, you can make it rocker, simplistic and classic, girly and bouncy, grungy and raw, western, victorian and so many other styles and choices. It is very versatile. Black also matches almost everything and in my opinion like this season if it is done up correctly can be very beautiful and non redundant. Black is a staple color and in almost every designers collection it is ALWAYS made because of one simple rule: IT ALWAYS SELLS! Exotics in black look amazing, fur is crazy luxurious when produced in black, Jewelry such as onyx is so pristine you want to almost encase it and just look at it. Whatever it is black is one color that will always be around and always sell in the fashion world. My advice is just make sure your whole wardrobe is not black. Mix it up with Greys, Taupes, and olives. I know it's hard but it will give you some depth and personality to play with different shapes, sizes and colors.
PICTURED: 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alaia, Aldo, Alexander mcqueen, Balmain, BCBG, Belstaff, Bottega Veneta, Brian Atwood, Burberry, Chloe, Christian Louboutin, Cole Haan, Diesel, Dior, DVF, Elizabeth and James, Emporio Armani, Fendi, Giuseppe Zanotti, Gucci, Halston Heritage, J Crew, Jessica Simpson, Jimmy Choo, Johnathan Kelsey, Joseph, Judith Ripka, Julien Macdonald, Junior Drake, Kara Ross, Kate Spade, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Marios Schwab, Marni, Missoni, Michael Kors, Michael Antonio, Miu Miu, Modern Vintage, Nine West, Prada, Rachel Gilbert, Ralph Lauren, Report, Sass and Bide, Simon Sebagg, Ted Baker, Tory Burch, Versace

No comments:

Post a Comment