Monday, October 4, 2010

FLAT LINE -------------------------------------

So with every casual outfit should be a pair of flats! I know not everyone wears flats and I was never sold on them before but there is such an ease and chicness to them if you purchase the right pair. I LOVE my Tod's loafers and in my opinion they are one of the best. Gucci and Prada make some of the best styles as well!
For women I again have to say my favorites are Tod's and Tory Burch makes some amazing flats. They look great with a pair of designer jeans, cargo pants or even a short. They can be worn with a tailored slack pant but you have to really detail them together because the wrong flat can throw your whole wardrobe off. I always try to stick with a neutral such as a beige or a camel as it will last for years through many different outfits. You can never go wrong with a Neutral and this year I have never been more obsessed with them. I do like to splurge of different pieces but for longevity a nuetral you can get your money's worth.  I typically don't suggest a tasseled loafer as they lean towards a older generation so putting that type of flat on a younger person doesn't always work unless your a chic euorpean that can pull off a tasseled look. I have seen it done but it is for a rare type of fashionista! I like flats with buckles, zippers, sometimes a bow, or a cap toe. Whatever type of flat it may be make sure they are snug as they stretch out once you wear them a few times and always make sure your breezy and comfortable in them, afterall they are a casual style!

STAY FABULOUS!

































PICTURED: Bandolino, Burberry, Christian Louboutin, Cole Haan, Dolce Vita, Fossil, Frye, Gentle Souls, House of Harlow, Jimmy Choo, Lanvin, Manolo Blahnik, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Maria Sharapova for Cole Haan, Me Too, Michael Kors, Prada, Sam Edelman, Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment